Heather Wasser received her Master’s in Public Health (2003) and Doctor of Philosophy
(2012) from the Department of Nutrition at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She was a graduate of the 2010 MRT-TI cohort.
During her doctoral studies, she worked closely with Dr. Peggy Bentley, her advisor and dissertation chair, to publish several manuscripts highlighting the importance of infant temperament and the influence of non-maternal caregivers, such as fathers, grandmothers and child care providers, on breastfeeding and the developing diets of infants and toddlers.
Currently, she is the project director for an R01 efficacy trial titled “Mothers and Others: Family-based Obesity Prevention for Infants and Toddlers,” with Dr. Peggy Bentley (see previous page).
More from the September 2014 Breastfeeding Exclusive:
- United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) Membership Meeting and Coalitions Conference
- CGBI Project Update: Prenatal Breastfeeding Education: Ready, Set, BABY
- Letter from the Director
- Associates Corner: Dr. Peggy Bentley
- Abigale Smetana Joins CGBI
- Carolina BEBES: Birth and Breastfeeding: Evidence Based Education and Support
- Congratulations! JHL Award for Evidence-Based Leadership in Breastfeeding
- Mary Rose Tully Training Initiative: Inaugural “White Coat Ceremony”