Carolina BEBES is off to a strong start this semester! In August, BEBES hosted a well-attended back-to-school social to welcome all new and returning students in the Department of Maternal and Child Health, as well as to recruit new members. The first general meeting was also a success. Held on September 9th, it had a great turn out from undergraduate and graduate students interested in global and domestic birth and breastfeeding practices.
Projects for this year include supporting the North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition campaigns, collaborating with the SPH Global Health committee on campus events, and expanding BEBES’ role in advocating for empowering birth practices in North Carolina and globally. BEBES will meet on the second Tuesday of every month from 12-1 p.m. All students, faculty, staff, and community members are welcome to attend.
To receive email updates from BEBES about meetings and events, please send a message to email@example.com and ask to be added to the listserv.
More from the September 2014 Breastfeeding Exclusive:
- United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) Membership Meeting and Coalitions Conference
- CGBI Project Update: Prenatal Breastfeeding Education: Ready, Set, BABY
- Letter from the Director
- Associates Corner: Dr. Peggy Bentley
- Abigale Smetana Joins CGBI
- Alumni Spotlight: Heather Wasser, PhD, MPH, RD, IBCLC
- Congratulations! JHL Award for Evidence-Based Leadership in Breastfeeding
- Mary Rose Tully Training Initiative: Inaugural “White Coat Ceremony”