CGBI is a voting member of the United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC). The United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) is an independent nonprofit organization that was formed in 1998* in response to the Innocenti Declaration of 1990. This declaration, signed by the US DHHS, calls on every nation to establish a multisectoral national breastfeeding committee comprised of representatives from relevant government departments, non-governmental organizations, and health professional associations to coordinate national breastfeeding initiatives. USBC is now a coalition of more than 40 organizations that support its mission to improve the Nation’s health by working collaboratively to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
More National News from CGBI
- HHS Office on Women’s Health Launches New Website June, 2014
- United States Breastfeeding Committee Coalitions Conference August, 2014
- Reimbursement Poster presented at USBC Coalitions Conference August, 2014
- United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) Membership Meeting and Coalitions Conference September, 2014
- EMPower Breastfeeding Initiative Update June, 2017
- BFIC Committee Member Application June, 2017